Thursday 11 July 2013

1k PB ... just (with video)

Just…

Firstly big thanks to C2 UK - they sent me replacement bolts for my erg seat so I can start hammering it again now  :-D



After the last couple of days of rubbish rows I think I may understand why – I hate to join in the “complain about heat” brigade – but it does me in! It’s not so bad in the room I train in (got moved again) it’s probably about 20c and with a fan quite nice – it’s the temp in the office and the building and outside that’s kicking my butt – basically last couple of evenings I’ve just ended up falling asleep wherever I stop for more than five minutes – chair – bed – car – OK not the car – so rather than start a middle distance piece where my old mental capabilities might leave me wanting I pulled in a off the cuff 1k TT – I was going to do a power erg session (8by2min @20) but even that looked ominous

So 5k warm up and the HR was good – legs a little tired – breathing a little heavy but all manageable – oh well best get on with it then – the plan was 1:26/27 and I wanted to maintain a strong technique with a long stroke and high tempo – I paid for the lack of speed work though as the lungs began to burn not being used to this kind of exertion – happily the legs held strong and the HR stayed stronger – I’m going to have to work my lungs I think to get nearer the 2:50 mark (which I believe is within reach this season) – as I couldn’t very well just do 1k after the last couple of days of mucked up training I tagged a 5k@20 on after about 5min recoup which helped flush the system.








In other news I've managed to maintain sub 110kg for the last 5 days


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new PB! typo in 2nd paragraph, 3:50 instead of 2:50.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - and thank you I have corrected that now :o)

      Delete