Saturday 31 August 2013

CTC 8by500m 2min rest 4@20 4@30

Well I back - I missed you guys and gals too much :-D so for my penance I did the CTC ( http://www.c2ctc.com/ ) - why - well apart from last Saturdays 100km I've been struggling with finishing a lot of rows recently - after the 100km on Saturday I rowed Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday 30 minute pieces dropping the rate each day from 22 to 20 to 18 keeping the HRR at 70% and managed to drop in sub 1:50 splits on all of them. So Thursday I decided to crank a 6k TT but just after 3k the handle came down (1:39.9 pace which I am aiming to row a 30min at) I have a few niggles from the 100km - the main one being a groin strain after my knee crapped out 10k in - so I think they got to me - along with being quite tired this week. Friday I wanted to have a go at the 6by1min on 1min off - that too got cut short on the second rep - not for any major reason - just too many minor ones. Onto today - been busy cleaning and doing chores but at 8pm with the dogs walked and the baby in bed on came the x-factor - out I went to get changed and warm up to row :lol: had to give the thighs and groin a good dose of deep heat and then the knees during the warm up - it went well but still conscious of the groin I had to take it a little easy - the plan I had was to do the @20's at 1:36 and the @30's at 1:31 which should take the lead - I went a little faster - to be honest I wasn't anywhere near the red zone until the final rep and even then it wasn't on the edge as I squeezed through the line at 1:26 -



 To be honest I'd asked Q earlier in the month if there was any training benefit to the CTC - he said there wasn't - I understand why now - the rests are way too long - or maybe I didn't push hard enough - but it did a job for me and got me through an interval session - so for that Casey I thank you ;-) Final score 12:16.4 - but two penalties for the two @21's - so 12:18.4 for the CTC








No comments:

Post a Comment