Wednesday 25 September 2013

4min challenge series - Dr's orders


Well after ending up in more sporadic and intense pain yesterday afternoon – especially just before I left work – I booked myself into the Dr’s for a 7:45pmappointment – got home and had some food and then hobbled round with the dogs in “discomfort pain” and then off to the Dr’s we went – Mrs drove and came in with me – after a few questions the Dr got me to sit on the bed with both socks and shoes off – prod – poke – touch – scream – yelp – tears (yep – I cried from the pain – Mrs said after it was the first time she had seen me cry in ten years from pain – I’d broken a leg in that time :lol: ) after a few minutes the pain subsided and the Dr prodded again – she said she was looking for the same spot – I said I hoped she didn’t find it and she didn’t. Sitting down and discussing she thought maybe I had either ruptured the tendon or got something floating about in there - bit of bone or something – I asked for a MRI and she sent in the form – meanwhile I got drugs – which are spacing me out :lol: I asked about training and she agree’d that if I wasn’t in actual pain it should be OK – so today I trained.

 

Went down and did the usual warm up – slightly stiff/sore on the first 1k but no intense pain – so I set up the 4min for the challenge series – I know that I could do better than Mondays attempt (1335) and so set the target at 1:29 split and set off – the toughest bit for me in these is the breathing but I managed to control the drowning feeling and came out with a more solid – but not yet heroic – score – will have to take each day as it comes for now – oh yes – drug time :o)











No comments:

Post a Comment