Tuesday 10 September 2013

Lay it on the line

And I was certainly laid out by the end of this

 

Q’s torture for today was 8by500’s – previous PB was 1:30.3 (from 26th July 2013) – so I decided 1:30.0 would be a good target (I really wish I didn’t keep coming up with these brain waves) and so after a bit of mucking about at work I managed to get down a little later than planned and went through my warm up – actually felt quite good – legs still tired but not as bad as yesterday – so target in the head and of I set. First couple went well – as usual with my intervals they are all from a standing start (ie no pulls until the timer hits zero) but by the 4th it was starting to bite a little and the thoughts turned to “how the hell do I get out of doing the next 4” the an answer of course is it that it’s the next 4 that will give the benefit for the training – in fact there is not much point doing the first 4 without the last. But it really started to bite :lol: the brain started to work out what splits I could hit and still PB – but the wulf in me stayed focus on the target – in the 5th set I had a large lactic burn and so started upping the rate to try and minimise the damage – I knew if I could get to the last 2 I would be doing well – and also knew I could bully my way through the second to last – which I did – so final rep and it was time to leave in on the line – managed a small push at the end – over the finish line and I was slumped onto the floor – ahhhhhhhhhhh

 

You may spot that the rest meters on the first 4 are higher than the last – Q was encouraging us to row out the lactic which meant rowing for 30 seconds at the end of the rep – which I managed on the first 4 and I think it helped – I was too goosed after the 5th to do that oops

 





















No comments:

Post a Comment