Friday 13 September 2013

No such thing as a holiday from training - first 4 days in Lanzarote

Thursday -
 
So the first night on holiday and after a meal we went "erg hunting" the first place was the Fariones gym - I had a nosey in and spotted two model C's in the corner and spoke broken English to the trainer there - as you can see from the pictures below they happened to be in a bad way - one had an "out of order" sign on - the other should have had one - rusted chains - poor ergs - I went back two days later and offered to buy them - would have shipped them home and renovated them but - even though the gym was due a refurb in two weeks they said no ;o(
 



So then I popped down to the "Power House Gym" in Puerto Del Carmen and was lucky to spot the owner leaving after locking up - had a quick word and again in broken English arranged to pop in the next day. That night my left ankle started getting quite painful - I noticed during the week that I strained it - so put it down to ligaments/tendons and found some anti-inflame.
 
Friday -
 
Into the Power House gym and spotted the two model D's sat in the corner (which I had noted from a visit three years ago) and I signed up for the week €25 - bargain - until I got on the ergs and neither of the monitors powered up - feck - they worked fine once moving but figured the batteries in both ergs where gone - still I was able to get the monitor going long enough to set up the display into meters and set off on a warm up - then 29@20 and a final 1min @32 burst at 1:30 pace - cool down and planned my next visit - with laptop ;o) (that way it would power the monitor up so I could set up what I needed - also meant I could update the firmware)
 





Saturday -
 
Plan for today was 6by 500m @1:30 pace and 1:30 rest. Firstly I updated the firmware on both machines - also spotted that the batteries on the machine on the left where actually in the wrong way round (I brought spare batteries with me to use) so popped them in the right way and was able to use that machine as with the C-Breeze on it gave a higher drag -140 as opposed to the one on the right which had 120.
 
Race warm up done and into the session - the first 500m felt as tough as the 4th on a normal 8by500m so this was going to be a tough session to get through - but through it I got in reasonable form.
 








Sunday -

A day of rest ... TBC




No comments:

Post a Comment