Monday 9 September 2013

Tough enough

Last week I think I set three new PB's in the 30min free rate (Monday night) - 6 by 1min on 1min off (Tuesday lunch) - 4by 750's (Thursday lunch) - oh and PowerErg 10by 1min @20 1min rest - so actually 4 PB's - come Saturday I was trashed but had one session left - another interval session - but due to lack of sleep throughout the week (Baby waking in the middle of the night) and the legs trashed from training after a 5k warm up and four attempts to get started I gave in and came in only to walk the dogs and promptly fall asleep :lol: Sunday I took as a rest day knowing my legs where still pumped and even today they feel like they are going to burst through the skin.

 

So what was on today’s training sheet - oh a 30min TT - joy! Down at lunchtime after another night of broken sleep last night - oh great left the Suunto watch at home! Still I warmed up - oh bloody brilliant my bluetooth speaker battery has gone - fine set the 30min and lets go - legs felt like lead but I wanted to give what I could so set off aiming at that magic 1:40 split - after about 5 minutes that started to drift as the legs started to protest - stupid legs - and then it was a case of ploughing through - watching the split getting slower is a hard thing to do for me and keep going - it's sooo easy to HD once that drift starts so in that respect I'm happy I got to the end and got the training benefit - that 9k will have to wait for another day ...





No comments:

Post a Comment