Tuesday 1 October 2013

**** 6by1 1r PB **** then go again!

I've had a few days of HD's - think a lot was down to the pills I got for the ankle (which seems to have sorted itself for now although will still get an MRI done to check) one of the side affects makes you retain weight lets say - i ended up gaining 2kg over the days I was taking them - it's gone now  ;-) also "life" stresses didn't help. Today I determined to turn the corner though (I also decided this yesterday but was interrupted half way through a 30min TT - blinking life getting in the way!)

 

So what did Q have lined up - 6by1min on 1min rest then 8min rest then 6by1min on 1min rest - Q if you read this - did your ears burn as I called on you?  :lol:

 

So targer pace for the first set (take one at a time) was my PB of 1:26.3 so for 1:26.0 I needed 348m for each split. Started off OK but kept it cautious and was lucky I did - by the 4th set it was really starting to bite down hard on the lungs and legs but managed to dig deep and get through - had to dig deeper on the fifth and sixth and it was all I could do to stand up at the end of the sixth - lead legs - walked around - got back on the erg for a slow paddle - geared myself up - fixed my target on 333m (1:30.0 split) and of I set - again just had to hold on - could really feel this working the lungs and breathing and knew this would benefit me come race day - called on the inner beast to finish of the last rep on set two and Wlf got the split down to 1:26 before it slipped back up at the end - job done and so was I

 

As you can see from the last split/stroke length I gave all I had








As you can see from the last split/stroke length I gave all I had - I actually drove down to 1:26 in the last 30 seconds but then the power drained and I just held on










No comments:

Post a Comment