Monday 7 October 2013

8by500 pain without the PB


After the 4by750's on Saturday my legs have not been the best of friends with me - I think they may well block me on Facebook now after putting them through the 8by500's at lunchtime  :roll:

 

My target as always was my PB of 1:29.9 which in actual fact was more 1:30.0 than 1:29.9 so 1:29.8 it was  :lol: went down and warmed up - leg still not "liking" me and dialled in 8by500's - the back up plan if the legs locked up was to take two minutes break and finish the set @24 on 1:39.8 pace.

 

It went as expected - first rep was as much about settling the nerves and finding the rhythm - second set was smooth - third set the legs started their complaints and feels like someone's turned down the oxygen levels in the air - fourth set and the battle was over - legs gone - was all I could do to get through - what was also annoying was that on the final stroke the first two reps showed a "pred finish" of 1:29 FFS

 

 

 

- so then it was time to bury the dead - and by that I mean man up - buck up and bury the legs on every single stroke - which was the way it went for the last four reps - after about 30 seconds the legs started their lactic burn and I just had to drive them through by will alone - no PB (0.4 seconds off) but plenty of MT points to take with me

 



*MT- Mental Toughness  :lol:






















No comments:

Post a Comment