Wednesday 20 November 2013

3by500 @1:32 - get frustrated

Q wanted me to "get frustrated" today - trying to bring the wulf out I reckon - so he gave me 3 by500's aimed at 1:32 pace (3r)

 

"No fast start, no sprint, Time to get frustrated"

 

so that's what I did after my 5k warm up - got another bum blister but that should be healed by Sat (well enough not to bother me) it's at the stinging (ie no outer skin) stage at the moment also managed to get a whopping 5 hours sleep last night - which is good for me - actually it was probably nearer 4 but I like to pretend.

 

These where never going to tax me - meant to get me used to the pace/rhythm - struggles on the first one to do that and bounced about a bit - looked too much at the ave split for the piece rather than the split for the stroke. Rectified that in the second and a lot more comfortable with it in the third. Legs tired but used to that a few days before a race 

 

In Saturday’s race there are two High Performance athletes who I think are using this as their trial? Someone know if these are basically the Irish Rowing team?

 

Rick Casucci

Cormac Folan

No comments:

Post a Comment