Wednesday 13 November 2013

Appetite for destruction 8by500m 1:30r

To continue the theme of destroying myself this week as a punishment for missing (basically) two weeks of training and trying to force the body to rebuild quickly for the Irish on the 24th – which I signed up for last night – I picked out the lovely 8by500m on 1:30 rest with a target of 1:29.9 (PB from September 10th) which was going to be a tough ask with two weeks of blood volume loss – still I’ve a big heart to compensate :lol:

 

Race warm up done and the first set went well – a little too well as I was closer to1:29 than 1:30 for most of it second set also went well – the third set it started to bite and then came the mental battle which is something that needs to catch up with the physical abilities – so time to dig in – a few thoughts crossed my mind – LGF’s blog from earlier where he battled through to finish the set was one – the other was to focus on the “training” aspect and forget about the PB (although I was still pushing for the 1:29.9 split) – through the 5th or 6threp I was trying to work out if I was sick would I get in trouble from the facilities guys (even if I cleaned it up myself) by the 7th and 8th it was all I could do to keep breathing and the heart pumping – as an idea of what two weeks of little training does – my PB in Sep was 1:29.9 (just) and the max HR was 173 – today it was 178 for 1:30.2.

 

Getting changed and walking back to my desk was not nice – still feel ill – must have been good for me then :lol:

 























No comments:

Post a Comment