Thursday 14 November 2013

Six shot – **** 6by1min 1r PB ****

Before I went down to do this I intended on aiming at the Q-Power team best score of 1:25.1 – knowing that meant that this was going to take me into a world of pain and got me thinking about the old six shot revolver – looking up “Six Shooter” before I went down I saw this (be warned – graphic violence) 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exTsCnrwZGU 


scroll to 21:25and I had a feeling that this was going to be my legs come the 5th and 6th “shot” … I was right

 

So why go chasing a target almost a second quicker than my PB for the session (1:26.0) – well two reasons – this week is about inflicting pain on myself and forcing the body to deal with it – secondly after I set that PB (1:26.0) I rested for 8 minutes and went again – surely that meant I had more in me – thirdly I like pain (yes I know I said two reasons! lol )

 

Warm up done I set about the first rep – it’s funny how in a warm up 300m at 1:30 feels like it’s the fastest you can do – then you find yourself sitting on 1:24 with ease – so I did – and again on the second rep - I wanted to make sure I had to deal with pain come the final splits – my plan worked – by the third set the legs where grumbling – fourth set a little whimper – fifth set all out revolt and by the end of the sixth they got up and walked out on me – leaving me fall through the line at 1:33 split – but row through the line I did and this meant I piped Jordan by 1m with 2114m’s and then a collapse on the floor and a struggle to the changing room.

 

Tomorrow is a enforced day off as I have a wedding to attend – funnily enough the venue is where I started up rowing three years ago – so may try and sneak a session on the Sat morning before we check out :lol:













No comments:

Post a Comment