Thursday 28 November 2013

When the rowing gets tough...

the tough gets rowing! :lol:
First the race data from the Irish (thanks Q for putting it together - can see it on the site url=http://q-power.co/Irish_Champs_2013.html – plan was to hit 1:32’s from 0 to 1200m then increase – seemed to work
On to today – feel exhausted – been a busy few days and basically I was looking for a gentle row to hide away in – asked Q what he thought and he pointed me at the “schedule” now I had a way out as todays row was 40r18 70% HRR – but I did that yesterday and missed the 4by1k 5r – oh well bugger it – might as well completely destroy myself :lol:
Hobbled down to get changed – slogged my way through the 5k warm up – set the 4by1k and decided that I would sit on 1:32’s as much as I could and just get comfortable with uncomfortable – seems to be working and the body just ticked through them – it hurt – it was tough – I was blowing and the legs where burning – but the job got done for the first three and I worked out if I pulled 3:03 on the last one I could PB the session (1:31.9) so aimed at sitting on 1:32 ave and then pull it down in the last 150m – alas the mind was willing – the legs were not and I slumped through at 1:33ish pace after 500m to leave too much to do at the end – but still I tried – bless my little legs really are stuffed now :lol:

No comments:

Post a Comment