Tuesday 31 December 2013

7by2k @20 1:20r

Well that was a nasty brute of a session – I’m glad I decided to go a little slower than my first thought of pace (was contemplating 1:40 pace – wheels would have flown off at that!) 4k warm up done and so I aimed at initially at 30r20 pace (1:42.9)

 

In the first rep I found myself sat at 1:43 with a few hundred to go and upped it a little as I felt I had enough left – came in at 1:42.4 pace which set the target then – managed that for the first 4 reps – each of them where painful – as in discomfort more than pain – a numbness if you will – having HD’d yesterday I was determined to finish today - but knew that in order to complete the session I needed to back off and so targeted sub 7 pace for the 5th with the aim of trying to pick it up on the sixth – even at that it was one hell of a fight in the 5th rep – the 6th rep I fell into a kind of trance like state and nothing left in the legs – think the body had given up complaining – although thoughts of binge drinking in my younger years came to mind – did you ever drink far too much of something alcoholic in one sitting and it put you off it for years? I did – with scrumpy jack (cider) – Southern Comfort – Newcastle Brown Ale – to name but a few – that for years after I’d had a run in with them turned my stomach – that was how I was viewing the erg at this point! :lol: the 7th rep flew by – but again little left to push and was thankful it was over – long session time wise – but managed to get in work 40min early to make the time up.

 

It’s done now – and so are my legs – even my bum is numb!

 

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment