Thursday 12 December 2013

Birc - Videos - Photos - Reflections

So no training today while I try and shift the cold - also works lunch do in the canteen so used that as a reason for the rest.
 
Over the week I've been reflecting on BIRC and have to say the overall experience was fantastic - the team (Q-Power) really and truly feels like a team with the people within it looking after each other and trying to help out where needed with others. It's funny in a sport where it's so much about ones personal goals that people still work so well for the good og others.
 
As for my races I'm still happy with the decision to both the Open and the 35-39 - there was a fear that the idea of having to race again would slow me in the first one - I don't think it did - what did slow me a little was a touch of illness and a touch of stupidity (where I worked out that 1:31.9 split meant a finish time of sub 6:04 - I doubled the seconds on the ave - d'oh) The races themselves in the outcome position wise where a fair reflection on my abilities on the day and the opposition I had - but - walking away as British Open champion and "Champion of Champions" still doesn't sit easy with me - when you look at the times on the "Champion of Champions" cup (mostly Mr Benton but also a Sir Pincent on there) and you are a little embarrassed to add a 6:07 – maybe it’s just an Irish guilt thing :lol: I have come away determined to make amends though – once I am back up and running there will be a bigger (in some areas (muscle) – smaller in others – (fat)) Beowulf ready for a tussle. That sub6 is still very much a goal I WILL attain – and now Mr Benton has upped the ante on the world record I have a real fight on my hand – onwards and upwards!
 
Thanks to Anne Yates for the top three photos
 
Getting ready for the Open
 
 
 
This video is purely the wait for the Open to start – just saved it cos I like it


 
The Race itself – fat men can row fast’ish
 
 
 
After the open “Why did I decide to do two!”
 
 
The Open result
 
 
 
Summoning up the energy for the 35-39
 
 
35-39H Race
 
 
 
During the race (35-39) - thanks to Sion Evans
 
 
 
The 35-39H results
 
 
 
Champion of Champions Cup
 
 
To infinity and beyond! Onwards and Upwards
 
 
The Q-Power Team – 4 Golds and 4 Silvers (incl James Howards who isn’t in the photo)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment