Monday 9 December 2013

Time to step it up - 40r18

Well I've seen recent footage of the NIRK with guys pulling 5:40 times - I sat in a venue with Mr Benton pulling 5:52 as a 40WR - and I've seen videos and photos of me and although I have come a long way - these combined factors have me determined to get leaner and increase my muscle mass/strength so I need to do some reading of foods and try and add in some weight sessions at some point.

 

Today though I was on for a 40r18 at HRR 70% although we are scheduled for a longer row this was all I could get in today - in order to compensate I increased the HR limit to 73% at halfway (150bpm) all went OK - still tired from the racing - travel - and maybe the wine?  :lol: apart from a niggle in the right groin/inner thigh but that should clear of soon. Even the throat seems a little better - maybe wine is medicinal?

 

I do have videos of my races and pictures to come – including the fatman ones





No comments:

Post a Comment