Tuesday 7 January 2014

2 by 10 by 45 on 20 off 10r

Was not looking forward to this - I was right to

5k race warm up and then we start - 45 seconds on (initial target 130% of 2k watts - so 1:25 pace for me) and then 20 seconds off and then on again - ten reps - I knew after the first 45 seconds that 1:25 was not sustainable with current fatigue - I realised after the second sub 1:30 was going to he'll - after the third I decided I no longer like Q - after the 4 I decided I really disliked him - after the fifth I realised I hated the erg - after the 6th I could taste my dinner - after the 7th I could taste breakfast - after the 8th I could no longer think nor taste - the 9th happened - the 10th did too - then 10 minutes "rest" - as I was home on rowpro I watched my little boat glide down the pixel river - at the bottom of the screen I could see the next set of ten reps looming - it felt like I was rowing into rapids or a serious of waterfalls - I knew they where there but I was drawn into them - I think my body had given up protesting - it knew what was going to happen and it did - my aim was simply to hold onto as close to 1:30 pace as o could - I don't like Q - but tomorrow I will thank him

No comments:

Post a Comment