Wednesday 22 January 2014

3by2k r24 HRR 80% (168) incl sub 6:30 2k

Looking back I completed this row on the 4th October but without the HR cap that day – result was1:39.6 so target for today – well “go hard or go home” 5k race warm up and so I targeted sub 6:30 on the first rep and if I had to back off due to HR cap I would – luckily I didn’t until the last 20 seconds or so but still managed the target – funny thing was on the first rep I was hoping the HR would stay down as I was feeling great – the second rep and it was like the energy had been pulled from me – still head down and maintained a decent split – the third rep I was trying to work out why I hadn’t taken up golf three years ago … still job done and overall 0.3 seconds faster per 500m than Oct and on a HR cap

 

Just want to keep track of current “niggles” as I noticed when I looked back in Octobers entry that I had the issue with my left middle finger back then (this isn’t a moan it’s just for the record) butt blister (left cheek) - right knee clunking - middle finger left hand still giving gip - and possibly most concerning - right lower ribs at the front (first noticed after 750's) will keep an eye on them but this close to crash-b i don't see a point in backing off - worse that happens is it takes longer after to recover

No comments:

Post a Comment