Monday 20 January 2014

**** 4by750 PB **** - still not motivated

I saw a post on Facebook this morning (seen it a few times before - but popped up again today) simply stating "The mind will give up 10 times before the body will” – just looking it up now the quote might be 1000 times :lol: anyway it kind of stuck with me. Q sent out our schedule up to and including Boston today – we have two options – light and heavy – the heavy starts with 750s – I was close to choosing the light option today having not erg’d since Friday and nothing hard for two weeks – still a lack of motivation for Boston – but the flights are paid for and I have a lot of people I’m looking forward to meeting up – so as I will be going I just need to tick the boxes over the next four weeks – hopefully at some point I will pick up a bit of fire for the belly.

 

So there I was this morning – dealing with my erg split personality – one part saying do an easy row and do the hard one tomorrow – the other side going through what needs to be done to prepare for a hard row (eat and fluids at the right time) got to midday and off I set down to change – the mind already trying to quit on me two or more times – as I got changed I headed to my room – wanted the loo but they were being cleaned so did the warm up then popped out – this caused the HR connection to drop from the PM – thought it had picked up again on return after setting the 4by750s – I was wrong. The targets I set myself where the same as last time (when my foot came out) this time though I didn’t really have a “fire” to drive me through so it would be a case of get what I could and just get the session ticked targets where 1:29.5 – 1:29.5 – 1:29.2 – 1:28.6 – and after the first 750 I really wasn’t looking forward to any more but just seemed to go through the motions enough to get them done – by the end of the last one the legs where locking up bad from lactic and the throat was on fire – lack of this type of erging shows up quickly. Unable to drag the split down as far as I wanted to at the end – 1:27 through the line I think. Still session done and PB’d by 0.3 per 500m

No comments:

Post a Comment