Thursday 20 February 2014

30r20 heart testing

(popped some photos and the livestream video of the 30-39H CRASH-B race in my blog http://therowingcompany.com/forum/blog.php?u=11819&b=113283

 

Had my bloods done when I was ill and cholesterol came back at 9.2 – now I hadn’t fasted for it but still a tad high – anything over 5 is hi – oops – so today they had heart screening in work so I thought I’d get it done again (going back to Dr’s in 2 months to get a proper one done) and still showed to high today – bugger - not exactly sure why – few things to look at diet wise anyway so we’ll see – Ollie pointed me in the direction of some research about “The Great Cholesterol Con” so I will look at that as well.

 

So todays training – thought I’d see how the heart was coping and dialled in a 30r20 – aimed at 1:45 splits – with a PB 30r20 of 1:42.9 I figured that would be tough but doable – I was right in the first instance – it was a bugger after about 8 minutes and 12 minutes in the handle very nearly came down – not used to this kind of work – but managed to grind it out and the old ticker got a good test maxing out at 184BPM (think my max is 190)

No comments:

Post a Comment