Friday 14 March 2014

**** 10k PB ****

Had some distractions earlier in the week that took the enjoyment out of the erg for me for a few days, decided last night to put that behind me. Up early today and after having my breaky - walking the dogs - feeding them - checking on the baby I managed to get in work early enough for a 30min row 1:48.6 HRR 75% @20.

Lunchtime I wanted something a little more taxing so went after the 10k no1 ranked piece in my age group which was by Sam Blythe - bloody good rower who's currently ranked above me on every piece over 2k - won't be long till he's done the ones under as well :lol: so trying to keep him on his toes I went after the 10k (I have struggled with the 30min too many times recently and he's scored 9072m for that! FFS

Plan today was sit under 1:42 pace @26 and let that rate drift up if needed - pretty pleased with it - felt very comfy for the majority - although the new model D (black stealth erg) has a new handle which is doing the usual of tearing up the hands - soon wear that down though.

So this is 0.1 sec per 500m slower than my 30min - I will have it one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment