Friday 14 March 2014

Time to start believing in myself - am 30r20 HRR 72%

So been a few things going on which have basically disrupted me over the last week or so - came back from the English pretty exhausted - lot's or races which means lots of travelling - and lots of energy expenditure. Still managed a pretty solid week until Friday then a collapse came on a 5k TT - didn't worry me too much - as I said I was pretty tired. Took the weekend of to recharge and then on Monday another collapse (HD) on a 30r20 and that was followed up on Monday evening with a bit of juvenile cyberharrasment pointed in my direction - pretty stupid stuff but a few comments got under my skin and to be honest I thought "what the hell am I doing this for" I started to row to lose weight and found I enjoyed it, I then found a huge amount of supportive people online and made some great friends, I also then found my coach and a team to train and race with, but there are always those elements for whatever reason think they have a right to dictate what I do and who or what I race - no one has that right outside my coach and even he wouldn't dictate to me in such terms. So that led on to a lot of failed rows and beating myself up about my reasons for rowing. Well I remembered my reason this morning and got out of bed at 6am in order to row before I started work. 30r20 capped at 153 (75% HRR) to be fair most of it was under 70% (146) - I enjoyed that - I enjoy rowing - I will continue - if you have anything negative to say, may I suggest you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment