Monday 26 May 2014

**** 30r20 PB **** Scales of Justice

This lunchtime called for the 30r20 TT - set off down eyeing up my PB time of 1:42.6 or 8,770m from April. My brain did its usual job of deciding I should hit 1:42.5 flat split from start to finish. My body protested :lol: first a 4k warm up during which I had to move the erg in the gym due to a few extra bodies in there than usual (and more distraction) finally settled I kicked off - had to rate up a little at the start so the butt grazes could settle down but soon I was hitting the r20 quite nicely and under control. Sat just under my original target I was reasonably happy, and when the usual flood of discomfort came at around the 6min mark I was able to dig in. Got through to the ten minute to go mark and that’s when the biggest wave of HD demons popped up, got me thinking about the jury duty I was just on and the “Scales of Justice” so I started dropping in the reasons why I wanted to finish the session and hoped they would outweigh the reasons I really wanted to stop, the did and although I dropped the pace a little I was able to pick it up again. Almost near the end I saw that I was only a few metres short of 8,800m so I dropped the hammer, unfortunately I was slightly over on my strokes, so with one last almighty haul of the handle I stopped … with 5 seconds left on the clock … it didn’t quite get to 8,800m – oh well next time :o) The amount of snot and sweat was ridiculous – well it is a gym.

Garmin data



No comments:

Post a Comment