Monday 23 June 2014

**** 10k PB **** CTC 10k r24 - Irish Record

Well last week was a write off training wise - started with food poisoning intermixed with stupidly jogging (first time in 4 years and trashed my calves & thighs - still tender!) and then no training at the weekend once again. So wanted to give myself a kick up the butt (in both physical and mental aspects) the CTC suits this to a tee as I'm able to target something and have a mental push to finish. Last week I capped my hr at 80% HRR for the first 9k so today I decided to increase that to 85% and basically see how the body reacted to the previous week mess.

Seems to react quite well - and even though I wasn't 100% sure what my PB (free rate) was (33:35.7 - 1:40.8) I knew it was around the 33:34 mark so I made sure I got into the 33:33's and still kept to the r24 - spot on  ;-)

Garmin HR Details




No comments:

Post a Comment