Friday 6 June 2014

2k r24 Time Trial - with video

The end of this training cycle called for a 2k r24 TT originally scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday) but due to a work event (Canoeing in aid of Diabetes Ireland - sponsorship will be gratefully received :o) ) I had to bring it forward to today. Also due to the large possibility of distractions at lunchtime I decided if I was up in time I would do it before I started work. On reflection both of these decisions may have cost me a few tenths of a second - but then that's the price to pay for being an amateur athlete - training fits around life and not the other way. Target wise I had a 6:15.9 from two months ago - between Q and myself we had the target of 6:13.9 in mind going into this - that meant a split of 1:33.5 with a small push at the end.

So after waking to here the rain (heavy Irish rain!) I was up and had my porridge then walked the dogs - got soaked - and into work. Race warm up done and I set the phone to record and off I set. Maybe a fraction hard at the start and too many strokes so had to back off to get that in line and let it slip too much - legs where tired and had to dig deep in order to focus the mind - too many of my HD's (handle downs) have come from seeing a split slip and giving up on the piece - not because I couldn't finish - but because I couldn't see how I could hit my target - so I dug in and got over the halfway mark and settled for beating my last attempt but as I got towards the end I dug in a little more and keeping to the 24 strokes per minute came so close to target - but alas I missed - result was 6:14.4 so 0.5 seconds away :o(



Garmin HR Details






No comments:

Post a Comment