Tuesday 3 June 2014

**** 30r20 PB **** effect of tiredness

I was supposed to do the 30r20 yesterday - indeed I started it - but due to a lack of sleep on Sunday night I was pretty knackered on Monday and I really should have just put the session off - but I'm stubborn (in case you hadn't guessed) and I decided to go for it anyway - eleven and a half minutes into it the handle came down - combination of mental tiredness and the guy on the running machine doing something that looked like it came from the Monty Python ministry of funny walks - way to annoying and just really wound me up!

So last night a good 6 and a half hours sleep (that's a lot for me!) and up at 5:30am - well OK it wasn't a solid sleep but seems it was good enough. I got into work with an hour to spare and the decision was - 30r20 or 60r20 70% HRR - so I decided on the 30r20 and instead of trying to hit the PB (1:42.3) split from the start I edged on caution and went for keeping it under 1:43.0. This wasn't so much physically tough - although the legs did complain a little - the HR was well under control and the breathing was fine till the end - it's just a hell of a session to get through when not 100% mentally rested - but through it I got with enough to PB it - there is more there on a rested head day. But the training benefit is there  :-D

Now I did video the lot of it - just need to check I'm OK to publish it as it was done on work premises.

If you look at the graph on the HR at the link below - you will see where towards the end I started to pull for home - then slowed as I needed to ensure I was going to get there :lol:


Garmin Details





No comments:

Post a Comment