Thursday 12 June 2014

4by2k TT 5r - HD on 4th rep

So last night I went to bed after getting as much of my morning chores done as possible in order to get into work early early (that's earlier than early) to get this little b*stard of a session done - simple request (on paper) row 2k four times at 2k PB pace plus 5 - so for me that would be 1:36.2 pace - but as I think I'm a little quicker than that I was thinking a little faster - but then with doing this first thing in the morning I wanted to edge on the side of caution - so 1:36.0 for the first rep and see. Well that was the plan going to bed last night.

Woke this morning at about 5:30 with one of those "need to jump out of bed this is feckin killing me!" cramps in my right calf. Then once the lava flow had subsided I lied down for another 5-10 minutes and then got up. Breakfast eaten, Dogs walked and fed, gym and lunch bags packed, off I set to work. Plenty of time to get the session in (takes just over an hour for the rowing never mind the getting changed) and warm up commenced - felt half asleep - calf still niggling at me as was the left shoulder. Oh well I might as well get started.

Stuck with the plan of 1:36.0 for the first rep - was a bit miffed when it came out at 6:24.1 but did find it hard to rate up and seemed to be stuck at 30spm. So into the second one and again found it hard to rate up (early morning) blowing hard but I finished strong. Third rep and the "leg ache" hit early (less than a minute into it) but having done these a few times recently I know this pain/ache well now and just stuck at the job in hand and it won't get too much worse. Keep focusing on 30 seconds at a time. OK finished the third rep but was wishing that was the fourth. Small walk and compose myself then back for the final rep. Of we go, 30 seconds in and the pain starts, fine we know this, keep plugging, 2 minutes down and a third of the way there and the first sign of the (HD) demons, brushed them off and kept going showing 1:36's on the screen and a few 1:37's, dig in only two minutes left now, put a little push on and bang - the handle got dropped into the cage, 600m on the clock to go, balls! slid the seat back empty handed, feck it, slid forward and picked up the handle and off we went again, managed to talk myself round and gave it what I could for the last 30 strokes, not all out but enough pressure on to drop that split down. Phew!

Garmin HR details







No comments:

Post a Comment