Friday 27 June 2014

60r20 - 17k - self inflicted punishment

Well spent Wednesday and Thursday fighting with my nemesis - 30min TT - 20 minutes in and 10 minutes in I HD'd - not through tiredness, soreness, out of breathness - just put the handle down and really am at a loss to explain it at the mo - the temptation is then to have another go and another and end up in a downward spiral - so - this morning I knew I would be in with enough time to do a 60min piece and had decided on 60r20 70% HRR - even then I had left my pass at home with key to get the machine out - and also left the Garmin on the erg switched on so the battery had gone - looked like the day was going against me.

Got on the erg and set off - after about 3-4 minutes I decided I wanted to push this session as I'd missed the training effect the last two days - also - I needed to push a hard piece and finish it - so decided on the end of the first split (7m30s) I would drive on with a 17k r20 piece - somehow decided this would be 1:45.0 pace and knew as I had lost some in the first split I would need to drive harder - 17k isn't 1:45.0 split - it's 1:45.8 - took me a while to work that out lol - once I had i targeted the 17k as originally planned and got rather sweaty



No comments:

Post a Comment