Thursday 24 July 2014

heat humidity hindrance!

Well yesterday went tits up - in early enough to do an hour before work but the air con wasn't working and after 20 minutes my pace was slower than my 100k pace! So that got stopped - was supposed to go down at lunch but had a meeting moved on me which caught me out - so then I was intending to row or bike in the evening but that never happened either!

So in today with time to do an hour r20 HRR 70% before work but after 15 minutes someone moved one of the fans in the gym and lost the cooling from that - the air con again wasn't on so the blood boiled! after another few minutes the gym was empty apart from me so I hopped off and tried to reset the fans - back on the erg and off I set - no good the pace was slowing more and more. So decided at 29 minutes I'd stop and grab two of the fans and put them right next to me (as close as I could) and row 30min piece r20 HRR 70% - check the screen shots below which tells the story - after about ten minutes the fans did the trick and the body cooled down so the blood could do the job in the muscles rather than going to the skin to cool me - frustrating - but meters rowed and lessons learnt.

Garmin HR Detail




No comments:

Post a Comment