Wednesday 30 July 2014

Steadying the boat - Hell on Erg (CTC)

you can probably guess what's been going on

1) weekend no rowing
2) came in Monday (too late for morning row so only lunchtime) tried to do a hard row - HD'd - no real reason - just didn't "want it enough"
3) Tuesday - in early set up to do the row again - HD'd after 11min when ergdata crapped out
4) Tuesday lunch - set up again - HD again after 22 min
5) In early again today - set up again - HD again after 22 min
6) Sod this - CTC time - target was Graham Bentons time from 2009 - which meant 3461m or 1:26.7 average - or - 346m per 1 min rep with one at 347m (CTC is 10by 1min on 1min off) - why this - I needed something to target and focus on and it works for me to target someone else rather than my own times when I get like this. Somehow managed to get through - got real tough at rep 3 - maybe a more conservative start would of got me a better time - but I just went with it - if I knew the overall score as I was going through I may have found an extra meter or two - but it is what it is - a completed session and not a easy one - I have problems committing to "easy sessions" also when I am like this. Big issue has been lack of sleep due to baby - bless her.

Also got me some humidity/temperature gauges - only a fiver of amazon





No comments:

Post a Comment