Monday 29 September 2014

Bristol fashion - 60r20 70% HRR - 2kr24

Well I'm still undecided on Bristol at the moment - at the weekend I was 80% not going - after this mornings 60r20 70% HRR I was 90% not going as it's the slowest HRR 60 I have done ever (OK probably not but sure felt like it) almost binned it so many times as I saw the pace drop and drop - nearly 3 seconds per 500m slower than a good day  :(




So lunchtime I wanted to push a little and see where I stood in the great 2k - but capped it at r24 as my lungs are not conditioned to high rates at the moment - especially after having the best part of two weeks of - even before that I have been missing key sessions as life's "stuff" gets in the way. I looked back and saw that in Jun (6th) I rowed a 2k r24 at 1:33.6 pace so just figured I would target sub 1:34 and see where it took me - god it took me breath away - blowing like a good un from 800m into it - thank god I had headphones on or I would have put myself off :lol: still not decided on Bristol - it's all dependent on life's "stuff" and also if I think I can put in a good time - don't want to roll up and row anything less than 6:10 and to be honest a 6:09 would be a disappointment - but probably a fair reflection on current training.




No comments:

Post a Comment