Tuesday 2 September 2014

Count and Breath - 8by500m r1:30

So - no rowing at the weekend - HD'd twice yesterday - once at lunchtime when I was about 15 minutes into my row when the ear bud on my headphones not only came lose - but got stuck in my ear! Oh yes this is why I stopped wearing them FFS - tried the row again in the evening in the shed at home but just not into it - of course I tried again this morning but even though I got an early night last night I was just tired so only got about ten minutes done.

So with confidence on a high NOT! I looked at the schedule and Q had 8by500's on it - balls! I thought it would be something like 50r20 @70% HRR lol - OK lets just get on with it - PB pace is 1:29.3 so decided I'd stick 1:30's on the screen as much as possible and just get it done - one at a time - and what do you know - it worked - apart from sounding like an asthmatic slug climbing Everest without a oxygen tank it went reasonably well - I just counted and breathed! In fact it wasn't until the 7th rep the legs showed any sign of complaints - just the breathing. I didn't pay much attention to the monitor through the reps - just a cursory glance at the time and pace every 10 seconds or so hence the higgle-de-piggle of the splits.


No comments:

Post a Comment