Monday 19 January 2015

1by1250m

Back to training today (aware I haven't blogged my Euro Open Experience but literally haven't had time yet) so today was down as 3by1250 with 8min rest - but due to weekend racing/travel - late night sorting things last night - early start today (managed a 40r20 before work 70% HRR)




and the fact I have a very long day with very early start tomorrow I only planned on doing one 1250 (oh also have the Irish Champs on Sat!) although I figured if i got through it in good stead I would do a second (as you can see from the title that didn't happen) 5k race warm up done I set the session on the monitor only to find a fellow gym member had decided to do some swiss ball work about an inch from the back of the rail (ok maybe 2 inches) waited a minute to see if they shifted. They didn't - so I started - now I had felt pretty good in the warm up but after a few hundred meters I found myself struggling to hold pace - I was actually going to fast - so I backed off - then I was going to slow and that culminated with a HD



hmmmm that's not good so I dialled in a 1k but noticed my HR strap had dropped connection so after messing about with that for about 5 minutes I said "sod it" and put the 1250m back in - get through no matter what the pace - and that's what I did. Target was 1:32 and I did my best to hit that - every time I saw a 1:33 I pushed a little harder - noticed about midway my stroke length was shortening to about 1.48m so with the pace going the wrong way I was determined to put the push on without being ridiculous and although I wasn't able to hit 1:32.0 I was able to control it a lot better. Saying that the second rep was definitely not on and I now have a lovely erg cough!






No comments:

Post a Comment