Wednesday 18 February 2015

2by750m Open Rest - Maximum Score

Session was 2by750m with open rest - figured before going down that a good target would be 1:26.5 and the rest of about 5 minutes,

Got down to the gym in work and it was induction day - it's not a big gym - luckily only two people this week - although one of them still managed to stand right next to me during my warm up - luckily it was my warm up and not the 750's so he only got a little knock - who said erging isn't a contact sport! They'd left by the time the 750's where due but the instructor was still in there. Anyhew set of on the first 750 and found myself nicely under target until about 500m then it started to slow but I managed to get control of it and drive it home for a decent score - 1:25.8




jumped of the erg and onto a stationery bike - at this point the interference started as one of the girls came into be weighed and they decided to set the scales up right at the back of the erg - as I got back on I explained that they might want to move or get covered in "sweat, snot, spit and shit" I did say maybe not the shit - but I wasn't promising. They moved a little but stayed behind the erg - I set off - about 150m in the ergdata dropped it's connection and even though I knew it was gone I kept looking at it trying to see what split I was on - then had to flick to the monitor - still conscious of them behind me (mirror in front of the erg so could see them) all the distractions became too much and the handle came down


so what to do - well first take a few minutes - got a drink and eventually the girl left and so did the instructor so I set up the 750 again - the way I figured it was that the rest was open ;o) Aiming at getting it done really but then found myself sat on 1:25/26 so tried to hold it there - before halfway I really wanted to stop - really really - but somehow managed to drive it home and flopped to the floor - never ever have i experienced so much pain in my thighs from a session - still ave 1:26.7 so 1:26.2 for the pair


I think the cool down shows the pain - this was probably 10 minutes later ...



No comments:

Post a Comment