Tuesday 10 February 2015

8by500m - again - but faster

Completed this yesterday but the last two reps disintegrated to 1:34 ave although overall I came in at 1:31.4 so the target today was to beat yesterday obviously but without the back end collapse - and although I felt heavy in the legs even in the warm up (did have second thoughts about starting it) I just got on and did it - first rep as always went through OK - at the start of the second rep I lost the connection on the ergdata and so although distracted I got through on target then after trying to sort it out just took the iphone off and went off the screen - this changed the session focus for me as i was just flicking my eyes to the ergdata screen and checking the split - after I took it off I needed to check the PM itself and then I got drawn into looking at the average - still I was able to hang on to 1:31's with a odd 1:32 popping up - every time I saw a 1:33 it was matched with a 1:30 or 1:31 on the next stroke - rate wise was quite low at 32/33. From the fourth rep i started the lies and said one more rep. On the 7th and 8th rep I cocked up the start and found myself at 1:35 ave after 100m even though I was hitting 1:31's. Legs where cooked and breathing was heavy - but I'm getting used to that now ;o)



No comments:

Post a Comment