Monday 16 February 2015

8by500m plus Carole McNally memorial row

8by500m - feeling flat as today after a weekend away from the erg and a tough weekend to get through - also had new compression shorts on which I think where too "compressi" - would work fine for a recovery row - but once your on the road to hell in the 8by500's and your thighs feel like they are growing on every stroke they got a little restrictive - target was around the 1:31.0 mark - I'm not focusing on PB's or hard splits - just the process of making myself hurt - I succeeded - on the 5th rep I was done but told myself to get the 6th done as it was "respectable" besides who does a odd number of reps - so 5th I pushed to the end - 6th the same again telling myself not to let up and get to the finish on the split target(ish) the 7th I started and said I'd just get it done - found I was able to get under 1:32 and was in agony but happy - the 8th became the same until the last 100/150m where I buried myself in 1:29's until the last stroke which was 1:34 and I was on the floor - found myself going into the recovery position .... most recent fastest pace on this was 1:31.2



Followed with a recovery row of 1402m in memory of Carole McNally - two days late but I'm sure she'd forgive me


No comments:

Post a Comment