Friday 20 February 2015

Beat the coach, win a shirt! - Crossfit Rowing Challenge

So spotted this on the 18th Feb on CrossFitRowing page in Facebook

Beat the coach, win a shirt! Coach Jonathan just finished The Good Hurt- can you beat this score? Here's the WOD:
1000m, 4' rest
750m, 3' rest
500m, 2' rest
250m.
-Use the "interval-variable" feature on your PM3+ monitor!
-Men: beat Jonathan's score on all 4 intervals
-Women: average under 1:42.5 on all 4 intervals
-Post a screen shot to the comments, we'll get your contact info, and send you a shirt!



So once I checked they would send it to Ireland and that I could do it today I asked Q if it was OK to give it a bash he came back with a yes and some targets - and said this "Big training benefits from this session if you throw your heart and soul at it. It will require major focus and concentration."

So - the fact I was up most of the night with a sick toddler and awake at 5:45 am this morning was going to help - NOT - managed about 3 hours broken sleep i reckon last night - on the back of a lack of sleep the rest of the week - still I went down with my targets and set of on the warm up - if nothing else it's a good test of rowing and pushing the body while the mind is tired and fighting sleep deprivation.

Set of on the 1k after a warm up and all was going well - fought to keep myself pretty close to target and got through in a reasonable state, 4 min recovery of breathing and gentle paddling, Steadied myself for the 750 and off I went the start went OK and even the middle was reasonably comfortable but come towards the end the legs showed the tiredness and I was grinding through, OK 500m up and hit 1:25/26 at the start but then the legs started locking up badly and was a case of holding on for the finish - still managed to drill majority of the strokes home sub 1:30 split but I was in trouble. 250m left - 25 strokes - was hoping to light it up a bit here - but the legs where not with me and again it was a case of drill it home - I felt like I was pulling r30 but the monitor shows I was up at 35 - still not exactly blistering for 250m lol - job done - legs done - lungs done - throat done - t-shirt claimed :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment