Monday 2 February 2015

This is where I am - time to build or crumble

Just trained for the first time since the Irish 500m final - that's 8 days ago - what with sickness and "life" that's just how it's gone. I've no entry in for BRIC which is a relieve as it would have been money wasted. So to all who are attending - race just a little bit harder for me and enjoy it! I'm also not going to be entering CRASH-B as I'm just not in a place that I am able to go. It's hugely frustrating but that's where I am at and so I need to deal with it and move on. I am therefore going to start my build for 2016 a little earlier and look to the positives which is that I can still train and have something like that to look forward to. So train hard champs as you never know when a speedbump will knock your wheels off. - so 30r20 - oh joys!

I kinda enjoyed it - I went down with the intention of 1:47.5 - but then started off a bit harder (1:44 for first 5 min) backed off then to 80% HRR (didn't want a HD straight off the bat - leave that for a day or so lol) that drifted up to 1:49.0 for the 20-25 minute chunk - at which point I dropped the HR cap and drove for home - nothing spectacular just to get a bit of a push on and came in on the last 5min at 1:43.6 - overall 1:46.2 (8474m) which gives me a starting point for the next one.




No comments:

Post a Comment