Wednesday 11 March 2015

30min Irish 40-49H Record

This was a training row - ie not a all out guns blazing kill myself TT - although at the end it got to feel a little like that lol - the idea on going downstairs (I'm in work BTW) was to row a sub 1:43.6 pace r26 (Current Irish 40-49H 30min Record is (was) 8686m) so after a 2k warm up with some r26 1:43 strokes (I know I went all out) I set off on the row - still suffering a little from the head cold which I think I might have expelled a large part of during the row if my t-shirt, erg rail and floor around me are anything to go by (must wipe that up) so without that there is obviously more in me at the moment but this was about putting a score down. Once I set off I found myself sat at 1:40 pace - I managed to let that slide to sub 1:42 and fixed my sights on that. Trying to stay strong in that middle third and then dig in for the last ten minutes. Come the last 2 minutes I just wanted it over with lol. A few moments of doubt but I have a few images I can bring to mind to get through these - at least they worked today.

Why this row - well during the week I though I had broken the 30min record so thought I better set that right - also with yesterdays power work my legs where tender so wanted to stay away from r20 - and with the head cold the high rate stuff was out - so r26/28 seemed like a good plan.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment