Tuesday 21 April 2015

30r20 70% HRR - 1min blast on the Batlogic

Well I got all excited like a kid on Xmas morning - almost literally as my Bat Logic erg system arrived - it's something I've been looking at for a while now as one of the issues I face in my technique is a lift in the heel on the drive phase which is causing other issues and I thought that the Bat Logic might help me correct this. Also in a lot of recent power and speed ergs I've found that my feet come lose from my shoes and even the shoes come lose from the straps - so figured this system would help with that - needless to say even though I'm not 100% I put the various bits together at my desk this morning and then at lunch went down to try it out :o)






 So attached the ergadapter to the erg which was pretty quick once I got my brain in gear and then tried the shoes in - click - click and I'm fixed in 



So the session was a 30r20 and I found it a little odd to start with - feels like my feet where slightly wider than the norm but soon adapted to that and from the get go I discovered that I was able to get more power outage - or at least it felt that way - will obviously need a few more sessions to be sure - but this is my strongest 30r20 70% HRR erg for some time - in fact looking it up the last time I went faster on this piece was in October 2014 with 8298m - but that was also the month I broke my 2k PB so looking promising indeed. Now I will admit to having got blisters :o( but then I always get them with new shoes no matter what it seems. Looking forward to getting some hard training in with this :o)




 More info on the system here http://www.batlogic.com.au/

I thought I'd see how it held up to some power - not bad at all - no feeling of the feet about to fly out or the shoes coming unstuck like I do with just the gym shoes and straps


No comments:

Post a Comment