Wednesday 1 April 2015

Hell on erg aka 30r20

I got through so many HD's on this today - one before I started for during the warm up my stomach felt very tender it was a muscular thing rather than the actual stomach - figure either the two CTC attempts yesterday or the morning 60r20 caused a little bit of stretching. Decided to crack on anyway. Target was sub 1:44.6 (recent best 30r20 is 1:43.6 so I am trying to keep within a second of that) started well and even had thoughts of bettering the 1:43.6 but then around the 5 minute mark the session started to do it's job and I started to dig in. Target then was to keep each split under 1:45 and even that became tough all along those demons sat on my shoulders chirping away "why do this?" "you could do 60 minutes of this at a faster pace last year!" "Just stop now it hurts?" "you not going to hit your target" "your not even going to keep it sub 1:45" "I think I'm going to puke" - this one was just after 20 minutes and my immediate thought was "if I stop because I puke I will have to take a picture so I can put it in the blog or people will just think I wimped out - how will I do it - oh I know I'll have a link to it rather than the picture itself" lol these thoughts stayed with me until the last 2 minutes - in fact they where strongest between 6 and 3 minutes out and so I just had to get through those points hence the drop in pace. A tough session but even though the split is slow there is a satisfaction from completion. Onwards and Upwards!




No comments:

Post a Comment