Friday 24 April 2015

Turn a negative to a positive - perseverance - 30r20

So crappy week of training what with coming back sick from a Spa weekend (I knew relaxing was bad for you!) missed training due to "life", blisters from my new ruby slippers, a HD yesterdayand basically being pooped I was one training session away from the weekend which often means no training for me - I could of gone down and done a light 30min piece but after seeing Al Taylor post that he'd been off for the week and that he came back with a 75% 30r20 I got a spark (so thanks Al) that was a 30r20 at 80% HRR but first I needed to sort something out with the Ruby slippers and my blisters


So blister pads on the heels and foam padding in the shoes - 2 min warm up and a pop to the loo


So off I set and with the aim of hitting a HR of 160 then dropping pace all went quite well - especially bearing in mind the rubbish week of training I've had - in fact I was only 12m off my age group PB for the 30r20 (set in October of 8686m) and if I had of taken one more stroke I would have had it - but as I got ahead of myself I had to stop rowing with about 7 or 8 seconds left on the clock lol - next time then - I did have issues with the heels slipping up the back of the shoes today - but that I think was due to having the loo break and not tightening them up properly afterwards as I did a two minute cool down and I tightened them and rowed without that issue. So ended the week on a positive :o)


Nicely padded out 


 Got a bit sweaty alright!





No comments:

Post a Comment