Wednesday 6 May 2015

HM - Start - Pause - Start - Stop - Start - Stop - Start - Technique!

so really shouldn't set off on a HM without some recent distance work - well not at a pace near to PB at any rate - oops - got into work with about 1h15m so decided to tap out a HM looking at my age group PB of 1:46.6 pace I decided to go at 1:45 pace and then set off hitting sub 1:44 pace pretty comfotably then dropped to sub 1:45 then the HR was hitting 80% HRR although I still felt OK up to about 30 minutes and this is when the mind started it's tricks and I took a pause but carried on with only a moment lost. Just before the hour mark though I actually put the handle down twice and un clipped from the erg but managed both times to get back on - the first time I hit about 1:45 splits and could still have broken my PB but this probably drove me to distraction and in part caused the second one. After picking up again on the last time I decided to just get through and aim at r20 with HR cap 80% and concentrate on technique - hard and fast drive - heals down - fast hands - not so easy when your legs are fried. Still HM completed and burnt some calories. Averaged over one hour and 15 minutes with a HR of 160 should do some good. Need to get distance work back in though, since December 24th 2014 when I pulled the HM at 1:46.3 I haven't rowed anything more than a 60 minute piece in a sitting - and I've only done 7 of them !




2 comments:

  1. awesome work considering you actually stopped at few times..

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome work paul.. mad time considering you stopped a few times..

    ReplyDelete