Wednesday 10 June 2015

60r20 - 17k - if at first you don't succeed - Irish Record 40-49H Hour

So got in early this morning and intended on cranking out a 17k hour – (1:45.8 pace) as my legs where feeling a little heavy I decided to go r24 (I was thinking about doing it r20 originally – I have done a sub 1:45 pace r20 17k in my youth – well last year I think lol *update just found it - 2nd July 2014 - 1:44.3 pace ) so off I set and zoom my heart rate went – thought maybe the belt was not sat properly and it would settle – but no it was racing away – still I cracked on – but after I got through the third split (22m30s) I just didn’t have it in me to push on and stopped :o(


So then lunchtime loomed and I decided to go back to basics – r20 hour (I had time as I got to my desk half an hour early) and cap it at 80% HRR (160bpm) got set up and set off – had a mess about with the HR strap as somehow I had it round towards the side – sorted that out and saw that I was sitting sub 1:46 without a huge strain – blew through the HR cap after about ten minutes and kept on it – worked out if I got to halfway with ave pace a 1:45.5 or lower that I could ease of and then pick it up at the end. That’s what I did – snot and spit and sweat flew everywhere and still a few demon moments to contend with but I got there in the end :o) Also qualifies as a new 40-49H Irish record (beating my own previous record) so that is nice

The Stats:
TE 5.0
EPOC 274m/kg
Ave HR 165bpm (85% HRR)
Max HR 178bpm
Ave resp rate 36 breaths per minute 
1414 kcal








2 comments:

  1. Nice Paul. And OCD shining through with 1200 strokes exactly :) .

    Marco

    ReplyDelete