Friday 3 July 2015

1 minute test (PB) - 100 metre test (x2)

Kind of prep work for the 500m on the 29th August - wanted to try the 1 minute TT and I'll be lying if I said I thought I did well on this - really thought I would break 400m - not sure why lol but went down with the intention of a fast first 100m and hold on - but for some reason I didn't get the start right (1:52 first split 1:23 second) and then just couldn't get under 1:16 pace (that I remember) but managed to sit on 1:16/1:17 for the majority of the piece. Had a few issues losing my seating which I think you can see in the video. Once finished I looked at the monitor and was pretty disappointed but at the same time this is a PB by 1m (although not sure I've ever done an all-out 1 minute test - think the 1min PB I had was "extracted" from my 500m) at the same time I was sitting pretty comfortably on 1:16/17 so I think with some work we can break that 1:18 barrier - especially if I have a audience :o)

Drag 170





After the 1 minute I thought I would test the 100m - a better start hitting 1:40's on the first stroke but still too slow and lost too much - things to work on though








No comments:

Post a Comment