Wednesday 15 July 2015

Broken but not destroyed

After the 100m session on Monday I had problems with my lower back. Tuesday more problems and no training then on the way home I went into the GP to see what was going on - drugs and rest ordered. 

Wednesday 8th July morning - Broken - had to get ambulance as back completely locked up and was not able to stand after sitting on the sofa even sitting I was in huge amounts of pain - took on board a lot of gas and air to get upright and then more to get from the ambulance stretcher to hospital trolley. Faced with lying on a trolley and getting more drugs or going home on lots of drugs after diagnose that my back was in spasm I chose to go home - that took a lot of time to stumble a small distance on crutches - after getting home my wife told me the nurse had said she was concerned at the amount of pain I was still in as they had given me enough drugs to kill most sensations!




Tuesday July 14th 

Still not able to walk very well - bending over to the ground is still very painful and often not possible (pain is now in right hip and lower back and travels down right quad) but erging doesn't seem to cause a issue so went up to the shed and on the model B knocked out a 30r20 with about 80% HRR. Garmin 910xt would not turn on!!


 And then I thought about some weights - again the moving about between sets caused more of a problem than moving the weights 

10 by 50kg (2by15kg plus 20kg bar) bench free weights x 3
10 by 30kg (2by10kg plus 10kg bar) EZ barbell curl x 3
8 by 60kg (2by15kg 2by5kg plus 20kg bar) bench free weights x 3
8 by 35kg (2by10kg 2by2.5kg plus 10kg bar) EZ barbell curl x 3
5 by 70kg (2by20kg 2by5kg plus 20kg bar) bench free weights x 3
5 by 40kg (2by10kg 2by5kg plus 10kg bar) EZ barbell curl x 3


Wednesday 15th July

Back in Work today and early enough to set a 60 minute row up - but after 30 minute I'd more sweat rolling of me than Niagara falls has water plus  the HR wasn't playing ball so stopped just after 30 minutes. Ended up at 30r20 80% HRR


 At lunchtime today I set another 30r20 up and kept to the 70% HRR as depressing as that was ... also got the Garmin 910xt working again - although I now can't turn it off!!





No comments:

Post a Comment