Friday 25 September 2015

On the road again ....

Was hoping to get out on the mountain bike yesterday afternoon for a blast ... but ... although I managed to get it back together I hadn't "tested it yet" so once I actually got out I realised that the gears weren't working ..... oh and the brakes weren't the best - so basically back to base and had a lie down instead :o(

 This was how the bike looked when I got it back from my mums


So with the afternoon off work once home and a chore or two done I got the rear wheels swapped on the road bike (have two rear wheels - one set up for turbo which was a old wheel that got buckled rim from a pothole - too badly to trust on the road but fine on the turbo) and then out I went - the old route from home to the local town and back - nice to be outside as the weather quite good. Unfortunately on a accent I had a gear jam and had to stop - what was really annoying though was another cyclist just pulled out of a side road and I was grinding my way up to him FFS lol not the fastest ride but a nice change to the shed. Once I got back I did a few weights and that was nice :o)


Got the HR up to 173 average 153
EPOC 157 ml/kg
TE 3.8
1334 kcal






No comments:

Post a Comment