Tuesday 13 October 2015

Just get over the hump - CTC r26

I'll admit that was a lot tougher than expected - after the r24 1:35.7 I was looking for a rate 26 sub 1:34 - so that worked out at 320m a minute - I started this on Friday and got 6 reps in then just didn't have the energy - not broken as such by it - just tired - I guess it was my first full week back in work and just lacked the energy. So after a gentle row this morning I was looking for something to sink my teeth into and this fit the bill. 1k warm up and off I set - messed the first rep up timing wise and ended on 317m so binned it and started again lol was a lot better on the first rep but messed up the second - oh well no time to start again so plodded on. At about the 6th rep i was questioning my sanity and just said to myself "get over the hump at least" ie the 8th rep - from there it was downhill lol so dragged my heavy ass up and down and got passed the 8th - at about the 10th I felt a little sick but managed to finish off the set - definitely suffering from lack of "fitness" if I do go to r28 I can see it getting quite horrid indeed.








2 comments:

  1. I thought you are not supposed to be rowing so soon after your surgery? Not bad considering! Good work. What is that 55% reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you are not supposed to be rowing so soon after your surgery? Not bad considering! Good work. What is that 55% reading?

    ReplyDelete