Friday 27 November 2015

2k test - well all the other boys (and girls) are doing them .....

So with the Irish provincials last weekend and the Welsh this weekend I was feeling left out of the 2k world :lol: I also need to get used to these little beasts again after a while away - in fact I haven't rowed a 2k TT since Boston - and that didn't end well at all at all prior to that I managed a 6:12.1 in the Euro championships in January 2015 - so yes definitely time to start getting used to them and putting a few fears to bed from Boston. I was hoping to get under 6:30 so the target from the start was 1:37.5 pace and rate 28 (as I have no race prep work done i knew my breathing would be laboured) race warm up completed and set the 2k with 250m splits and off we set.

As expected the body wanted to accelerate more than I'd planned so needed to get control of the pace and managed to get into a decent rhtyhm also as expected the breathing became heavy and this continued for the piece - in fact the breathing was more of a hindrance than legs or heart so will be needed to be worked on before any thoughts of racing are entertained. I planned on lifting the pace and rate come the last 500m and was happily relieved to find I was able to do this reasonably comfortably - sitting sub 1:30 for the majority of the last 300m.

So all in all a good session - yes I'm 24 seconds off sub6 - and yes I rowed 3 out of 4 2k's with 5 minute rest faster than this back in June 2014 (link) but there again - 3 months ago I could not sit down after the back operation (19th August) - onwards and upwards!










No comments:

Post a Comment