Friday 6 November 2015

Ending on a positive – 6 by 2min “Just Row 2016”

Spotted last night on Facebook an event in Manchester in April called “Just Row” and after looking at it in more detail this morning I think I’ve found something to help pull me out of the current dip I’m in. Pretty much resigned myself to not competing in the 2k this season (but not saying definitely lol) although I hope to make an appearance at the Irish. So this even being in April and in my sister’s neck of the woods seems perfect – even if it’s merely given me a lift for my training and for whatever reason I don’t make the event – i.e. my back implodes again (no more surgery please) it’s still put a smile on my face and some fire in my belly. The event is:

Workout A: 6 x 2 minute intervals with 1 minute rest per round
Workout B: 1 minute sprint
Workout C: 13 minutes
You will complete all three workouts within a one hour time-slot. The first workout will be done at the start of your hour slot, the second at 30 mins, and the third at 40 mins.
Your overall position will be determined by the total distance rowed across the three workouts, with a tenfold scale applied to workout B. E.g. total distance = A + (B x 10) + C
Athletes will be split by sex, weight and age. Standard indoor rowing weight classes will be used (athletes will be required to weigh in on the day):
Male: Open (over 75kg), Lightweight (under 75kg)
Female: Open (over 61.5kg), Lightweight (under 61.5kg)
There will be two age categories within each weight/gender class; under 40 and a Masters category for over 40.

So with that in mind I thought I’d have a pop at the 6by2min on 1min rest – target was 1:38 at rate 26 – tough but not unmanageable and certainly got a sweat on – I think the tactics for this are going to be very important!













1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul , I don't really row much other than to help fitness for other stuff, but I like the look of this for pure evil-ness ....a refreshing change from the usual format !!

    ReplyDelete