Thursday 19 November 2015

Rowvember - can you taste blood....

Yesterday’s meters - 30r20 75% 40r20 70%

Today rowvember had a message this morning asking me if I'd seen it and would be rowing it - I had seen it but wasn't planning in doing it - I had a free t-shirt dangled in my face and that was it - 5k race warm up and set myself a target of sub 1:25 – I’d rowed 707m (1:24.8) on the 7th May (2min controlled pop ctc) which I spotted so that seemed a reasonable target … don’t say it …. (I just discovered in May on the 29th I pulled 716m 1:23.7 c2ctc 2min glad I hadn’t seen that earlier)

Set off hard and the usual story after about 30 seconds of feeling on top of the world the “ache” in the thighs started still I told myself and actually believed it – that the pain/ache wouldn’t increase at the same level. Also reminded myself of the pain I was in pre operation and this was a tickle in comparison. So dug in and managed to stick to the plan ending with 706m – and a very strong taste of blood in my mouth with the feeling of wanting to be sick lol – hope the t-shirt is worth it! Might go again though – that was fun … not!






No comments:

Post a Comment